Monday 22 July 2013

Pre trip blog (Ellie)


 
Gamarjoba! 

This is my last day of preparation, as I'm setting off tomorrow from Lancaster with another "Georgia goer"/friend. Initially I am feeling excited for meeting fresh faces, excited at actually going to Georgia and experiencing new cultures- as a couple of months ago i would struggle to place it on a map (luckily I'm a little more wised up now!). Also there's a strong prospect that we will be London at the same time the Duchess of Cambridge gives birth, not entirely sure why but I feel this also adds to the whole experience.
I am a little nervous that I won't be packed in time (see photo) and moreover that I will over pack (weight wise), but at the same time realise that it's a pretty pointless thing to worry about as i know I won't go to bed tonight until its done....maybe I should have started a little earlier?
Also wondering how everyones going to deal with the heat - I've no doubt that I will turn into one big freckle whilst everyone else will most probably come back impressively tanned. Anyway the last few sunny weeks in the UK have been good practice for this trip.
So grateful for this opportunity and I  can't wait to meet others and get going!

See you soon

1 comment: