Wednesday 28 August 2013

Memories of a fantastic trip to Georgia

It's almost been a month since returning from what I'm sure many of us can say was a truly phenomenal experience. When I was first told about the trip my first thoughts where about what an amazing opportunity this was going to be... until moments later I had to shamefully turn to Kieran and ask him where Georgia actually was ! Georgia is such a lovely country and everyone was just so welcoming. A couple of my fondest memories of the trip are of when everyone formed a massive human chain in the stream and along the muddy slopes as it felt that we were not only working together to help build the dam, but that we were all working together as a one big team. Other memories which I hold close are when we reached the beautiful waterfall as well as the hike getting up there, meeting awesome new people and how could I ever forget.... ¡ uno ! This trip to Georgia has not only given me new skills but has also helped me grow as a person. Saying goodbye to everyone was hard and I miss you all so much - but fingers ...and toes crossed that we will all meet again soon, whether as a reunion or for another round of Georgia on my mind !




No comments:

Post a Comment