Tuesday 20 August 2013

Memories of Georgia

My initial thoughts of Georgia before the trip were that of a possibly dangerous and hostile place due to its lack of westernisation leading to a skewed confusion about the place to form. This fear was quickly dispatched during the trip as the warm hearted and welcoming nature of the people shone through as they upheld there traditional routines in there ways of life. My favourite memory of this trip was helping my team consisting of both British and Georgian nationals win a multiple stage scouting skills competition designed to help develop valuable life skills such as creating structures using knots and fire making. The team work demonstrated during these tasks was a truly heart warming experience of which I will never forget. This trip allowed for not only the development of life skills such as the development of team work and leadership in the creation of the scout camp development, but it also made time to develop strong friendships and memories of which leave me striving for more.                 My thanks go to everybody involved.  Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment